LAS VEGAS (AP) — Four Las Vegas high school students who are facing murder charges in the fatal beating of their classmate are due in court Friday for their first appearances in the adult court system.
The students each face one count of murder but have not been formally charged, court records show. The Associated Press is not naming them because they are juveniles.
Earlier this week, Las Vegas police announced the arrests of eight students, between the ages of 13 and 17, in connection with the Nov. 1 brawl that left 17-year-old Jonathan Lewis Jr. dead.
Authorities have said students at Rancho High School in eastern Las Vegas had agreed to meet after school let out that day in an alleyway around the corner from campus to fight over a pair of wireless headphones and a vape pen.
The fight was captured on cellphone video and widely shared across social media. Las Vegas police said they are still working to identify and locate two more students seen in the footage taking part in the beating. Homicide Lt. Jason Johansson said the two remaining students also will face murder charges.
In Nevada, teenagers 16 or older accused of murder…
Read the full article here